from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or connecting urban areas: an interurban railroad.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, involving or joining two or more urban centres
- n. A railway connecting two or more urban centres.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Going between, or connecting, cities or towns.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Existing between cities; connecting cities or towns; running or plying between two or more cities or towns: as, an interurban railway.
Sorry, no etymologies found.