from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The upper part of a town or city.
- adv. To, toward, or in the upper part of a town or city.
- adj. Of, relating to, or located uptown.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the residential part of a city, away from the commercial center
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. To or in the upper part of a town.
- adj. Situated in, or belonging to, the upper part of a town or city
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To or in the upper part of a town.
- Situated in or belonging to the upper part of a town: as, an up-town residence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. toward or in the upper part of town
- n. a residential part of town away from the central commercial district
- adj. of or located in the upper part of a town
Sorry, no etymologies found.