from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Towards a higher place; towards what is above.
- adv. To a higher figure or amount.
- adv. Towards something which is higher in order, larger, superior etc.
- adv. Backwards in time, into the past.
- adv. To or into later life.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- See upward.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. spatially or metaphorically from a lower to a higher position
- adv. to a later time
From Old English upweardes, uppweardes. (Wiktionary)