from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A single rail serving as a track for wheeled vehicles traveling on it or suspended from it.
- n. A railway system using a single rail.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a railroad system where the trains run on one rail
- n. a train running on a single rail
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A railway in which the cars run on a single rail.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a railway having a single track
From the French monorail. (Wiktionary)