from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A road, especially the part over which vehicles travel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A way used as a road.
- n. The main or central portion of a road, used by the vehicles.
- n. The portion of a bridge or railway used by traffic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A road; especially, the part traveled by vehicles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A highway; a road; particularly, the part of a road used by horses, carriages, etc.; the road-bed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a road (especially that part of a road) over which vehicles travel
From road + way. (Wiktionary)