from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A narrow passage between buildings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A narrow street formed by the proximity of adjacent buildings.
- n. A passage between two rows of cabins in a ship.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An alley.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A short alley; a lane or narrow passage of small extent, as between two houses.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a narrow street with walls on both sides
Sorry, no etymologies found.