from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A major divided highway designed for high-speed travel, having few or no intersections. Also called freeway, limited access highway, superhighway, thruway.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A divided highway where intersections and direct access to adjacent properties have been eliminated.
- n. A road built to freeway standards.
- n. A road built for high speed traffic, but not up to motorway standards or designated a motorway.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a broad highway designed for high-speed traffic
Sorry, no etymologies found.