from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A locomotive train.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The sound made by a steam locomotive.
- n. A railway locomotive.
- n. A railway train. (Also called a choo-choo train)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a train or a locomotive; -- a child's word.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a child's word for locomotive
From baby-talk imitation of the sound of a locomotive whistle.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)