from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or being a full-time employee: in-service teachers.
- adj. Taking place or continuing while one is a full-time employee: in-service training workshops.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Taking place when one is an employee.
- adj. Relating to or being a full-time employee.
- v. To train or educate someone while they are working, to give "on-the-job" training.
Sorry, no etymologies found.