from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A game in which players on one team seek to eliminate those on an opposing team by marking them with a water-soluble dye shot in capsules from air guns.
- n. The dye-filled gelatinous capsule shot from guns in this game.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A sport where teams shoot each other with gelatin capsules filled with paint-like dye.
- n. The dye-filled capsule fired in the sport of paintball.
- v. To engage in the sport of paintball.
- v. To shoot someone using a paintball gun.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a game that simulates military combat; players on one team try to eliminate players on the opposing team by shooting capsules of paint at them
- n. a capsule filled with water-soluble dye used as a projectile in playing the game of paintball
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I know I would be more likely to stick with hunting than with paintball games so I'd get the muzzleloader but if paintball is your thing you have to do what you want.
Mr. MORAZZINI: I agree - paintball is much more real, and it looks quite fun.
I understand what you were trying to say, however paintball is one of the safest sports available and has an excellent safety record.
a game much like paintball, is expanding in popularity all over the world, and the west coast of the United
I like the idea of paintball as a lab environment for real combat technology.
The land before the idea of paintball was a driving range.
I've had to seek cover more'n once in my life and I may again, preferably for paintball which is good fun and good training besides.
Carter says victims are telling him, when the shooting first started, many of them thought it was some kind of paintball drill.
The German government says it plans to ban combat games such as paintball, in response to a recent school shooting.
Thierry was revealed to have been one of Strache's "paintball" partners.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.