from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The seashore.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The area by and around the sea; bay; beach; promenade
- adj. Related to a seaside.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The land bordering on, or adjacent to, the sea; the seashore. Also used adjectively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The land bordering on the sea; the country adjacent to the sea or near it: often used adjectively: as, a seaside residence or home.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the shore of a sea or ocean regarded as a resort
sea + side (Wiktionary)