from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Land bordering a body of water; a bank or shore.
- adj. Of, relating to, or situated at the waterside.
- adj. Living or working along the waterside.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The land bordering a body of water
- adj. of, pertaining to or situated on a waterside
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The brink of water; the bank or margin of a river, stream, or lake; the sea-shore: sometimes used attributively.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. land bordering a body of water
From water + side. (Wiktionary)