from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not belonging to a labor union: nonunion plumbers.
- adj. Not recognizing or dealing with a labor union or employing union members: a nonunion shop.
- n. The failure of a fractured bone to heal normally.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not part of a labor union; not unionized.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not belonging to, or affiliated with, a trades union.
- adj. Not employing trade union members; not recognizing or favoring trades unions or trades-unionists.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not belonging to a trades-union: as, a non-union man.
- That does not submit to the rules or the dictation of a trade-union; not employing union men as such, and exclusively: as, a non-union shop.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not belonging to or not allowing affiliation with a trade union
Sorry, no etymologies found.