from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Severance of a physical connection.
- n. Unexpected termination of a telephone connection.
- n. Absence of rapport; the nonexistence of, or a breakdown of, effective communication.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of disconnecting, or state of being disconnected; separation; want of union.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of separating or disuniting, or the state of being disunited; separation; interruption or lack of union.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. state of being disconnected
- n. the act of breaking a connection
- n. an unbridgeable disparity (as from a failure of understanding)
dis- + connection (Wiktionary)