from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of ejecting or the condition of being ejected.
- n. Ejected matter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of ejecting.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of ejecting or casting out; discharge; expulsion; evacuation.
- n. The act or process of discharging anything from the body, particularly the excretions.
- n. The state of being ejected or cast out; dispossession; banishment.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of ejecting, or the state of being ejected; expulsion; dismissal; dispossession; rejection.
- n. That which is ejected; matter thrown out or expelled.
- n. In philosophy, the mental act of forming an eject.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of expelling or projecting or ejecting
- n. the act of forcing out someone or something
Middle English, from Latin ēiectus, past participle of ēiciō ("throw or thrust out"). (Wiktionary)