from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The shooting of a gun.
- n. The range of a gun: within gunshot.
- n. Shot fired from a gun.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of discharging a firearm.
- n. The sound made by a discharging firearm.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Act of firing a gun; a shot.
- n. The distance to which shot can be thrown from a gun, so as to be effective; the reach or range of a gun.
- adj. Made by the shot of a gun: as. a gunshot wound.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Collectively, projectiles for cannon; solid shot.
- n. The reach or range of a gun; the distance to which shot can be thrown from a cannon so as to be effective; military, the length of the pointblank range of a cannon-shot.
- n. In heraldry, a roundel sable.
- n. The firing of a cannon.
- Made by the shot of a gun: as, a gunshot wound.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of shooting a gun
Sorry, no etymologies found.