American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The shooting of a gun.
- n. The range of a gun: within gunshot.
- n. Shot fired from a gun.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Collectively, projectiles for cannon; solid shot.
- n. The reach or range of a gun; the distance to which shot can be thrown from a cannon so as to be effective; military, the length of the pointblank range of a cannon-shot.
- n. In heraldry, a roundel sable.
- n. The firing of a cannon.
- Made by the shot of a gun: as, a gunshot wound.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Act of firing a gun; a shot.
- n. The distance to which shot can be thrown from a gun, so as to be effective; the reach or range of a gun.
- adj. Made by the shot of a gun: as. a
- n. the act of shooting a gun
“A loud gunshot is heard, followed by a speeding bullet that hit one of the male followers in the chest and, to their horror, see him writhing in pain.”
“Michelle07 says: but 50 has the edge in gunshot wounds.”
“We then put our boys and horses into a deep gully close by, and also stepped in ourselves, as soon as we had discharged one volley at our pursuers, who were then within short gunshot distance.”
“Pacino’s probably the best actor of the three, but 50 has the edge in gunshot wounds.”
“She is not a tool of the enemy, else she would have been planting bombs and shooting at people when she was within gunshot range of Bush’s ranch.”
“At first, I thought the gunshot was the sound of the “nut cracker,” so to speak.”
“The gunshot was a thunderclap inches from her head.”
“Of the 841 recorded hurricane-related deaths in Louisiana, four are identified as gunshot victims, Johannessen said.”
“With an effort he whipped up enough energy to take her out with his dogs and his gun, until her look of horror made him suspect that the sound of a gunshot was a nightmare to her, as indeed it was, reminding her of many dreams and one unforgettable reality.”
“The Kafir's fall created delay sufficient for the foremost of the Guides, Southey, to approach within gunshot.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘gunshot’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
I'm looking for single-word anagrams of weapon names. Your additions are welcomed. A spoilt pilot's pistol to the best submitted.
This list was born when I noticed oppugn was an anagra...
Looking for tweets for gunshot.