from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The range within which sound can be heard by the unaided ear; hearing distance: listened until the parade was out of earshot.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A distance from which sound is still audible
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Reach of the ear; distance at which words may be heard.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Reach of hearing; the distance at which words may be heard.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the range within which a voice can be heard
Sorry, no etymologies found.