from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or condition of abiding; continuance.
- n. Adherence; compliance: abidance by parliamentary procedure.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of abiding; abode; continuance; compliance (with).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of abiding or continuing; abode; stay.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. acting according to certain accepted standards
- n. the act of dwelling in a place
- n. the act of abiding (enduring without yielding)
Sorry, no etymologies found.