from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an act or incidence of defecting
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Act of abandoning a person or cause to which one is bound by allegiance or duty, or to which one has attached himself; desertion; failure in duty; a falling away; apostasy; backsliding.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A lack: a failure; especially, failure in the performance of duty or obligation.
- n. The act of abandoning a person or a cause to which one is bound by allegiance or duty, or to which one has attached himself; a falling away; apostasy; backsliding.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of having rejected your religious beliefs or your political party or a cause (often in favor of opposing beliefs or causes)
- n. withdrawing support or help despite allegiance or responsibility
Sorry, no etymologies found.