from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Refusal or failure to obey.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Refusal to obey.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Neglect or refusal to obey; violation of a command or prohibition.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fact of being disobedient; lack of obedience; neglect or refusal to obey; violation of a command, injunction, or prohibition; the omission of that which is commanded to be done, or the doing of that which is forbidden; disregard of duty prescribed by authority.
- n. Non-compliance, as with a natural law; failure to submit to a superior influence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the trait of being unwilling to obey
- n. the failure to obey
Sorry, no etymologies found.