American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Refusal or failure to obey.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fact of being disobedient; lack of obedience; neglect or refusal to obey; violation of a command, injunction, or prohibition; the omission of that which is commanded to be done, or the doing of that which is forbidden; disregard of duty prescribed by authority.
- n. Non-compliance, as with a natural law; failure to submit to a superior influence.
- n. Refusal to obey.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Neglect or refusal to obey; violation of a command or prohibition.
- n. the trait of being unwilling to obey
- n. the failure to obey
“He insisted upon whopping Scaife for what he called disobedience and impudence.”
“You don't remember getting Daniel Moran -- a prisoner serving a long sentence there -- seven days 'solitary on bread and water for what you called disobedience of orders and insolence?”
“The word "disobedience" here is the Greek word απειθειας.”
“Perhaps this particular act of civil disobedience is seen as a radical, terroristic harbinger of waves of violence to come, as rabid gun-toters react, badly, to the intended avalanche of regulations and taxes that Congress is working on.”
“Writing on her Resistance Georgia blog, human rights lawyer and political activist Anna Dolidze explains why she believes a campaign of civil disobedience is necessary.”
“Northcross says "... advocating civil disobedience is indefensible ...”
“I'm sure many of our posters will try to find words to defend Hansen, but advocating civil disobedience is indefensible, even if his climate conjectures prove to be correct. mike shupp”
“Civil disobedience is something else entirely, but even Thoreau would have stood in disbelief at what some of these people do.”
“Im not a trainer by any means but I think calmly escorting her back to the kennel and convincing her that disobedience is NOT an option is the way to go ...”
“I would of handled it in the same way if not similar ... the dog has to learn that disobedience is not an option and that you are the head honcho and it must listen to your commands.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘disobedience’.
The list of words that kirby1024 has gotten around to recording pronounciations for.
Looking for tweets for disobedience.