from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of rejecting or the state of being rejected.
- n. Something rejected.
- n. Medicine The failure of a recipient's body to accept a transplanted tissue or organ as the result of immunological incompatability; immunological resistance to foreign tissue.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of rejecting.
- n. The state of being rejected.
- n. a blocked shot
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Act of rejecting, or state of being rejected.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of rejecting, of throwing off or away, or of casting off or forsaking; refusal to accept or grant: as, the rejection of what is worthless; the rejection of a request.
- n. plural Objects or parts rejected from a collection, as the coarse and least desirable fibers of a fiber-plant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being rejected
- n. the act of rejecting something
- n. (medicine) an immunological response that refuses to accept substances or organisms that are recognized as foreign
- n. the speech act of rejecting
Sorry, no etymologies found.