from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the act of interdicting or something interdicted
- n. the destruction of an enemy's military potential before it can be used
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of interdicting; prohibition; prohibiting decree; curse; interdict.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of interdicting; authoritative prohibition; declaratory estoppel.
- n. In law, judicial restraint imposed upon one who, from unsoundness of mind, weakness, or improvidence, is incapable of managing his own affairs, or is liable to imposition.
- n. In Roman law, an edict or decree of the pretor to meet the circumstances of a particular case, but granted usually from considerations of a public character. See interdict, n., 2.
- n. Same as interdict, n., 4.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. authoritative prohibition
- n. a court order prohibiting a party from doing a certain activity
Sorry, no etymologies found.