from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of imposing or meting out something unpleasant.
- n. Something, such as punishment, that is inflicted.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of inflicting or something inflicted; an imposition
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of inflicting or imposing.
- n. That which is inflicted or imposed, as punishment, disgrace, calamity, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of inflicting or imposing: as, the infliction of punishment.
- n. That which is inflicted; suffering or punishment imposed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of imposing something (as a tax or an embargo)
- n. something or someone that causes trouble; a source of unhappiness
- n. an act causing pain or damage
Sorry, no etymologies found.