from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of mystifying.
- n. The fact or condition of being mystified.
- n. Something intended to mystify.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of mystifying or the condition of being mystified.
- n. A mystifying thing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of mystifying, or the state of being mystied; also, something designed to, or that does, mystify.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of mystifying; something designed to mystify; the act of perplexing one or playing on one's credulity; a trick.
- n. The state of being mystified.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something designed to mystify or bewilder
- n. confusion resulting from failure to understand
- n. the activity of obscuring people's understanding, leaving them baffled or bewildered
Sorry, no etymologies found.