from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the characteristic of being muddy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The condition or quality of being muddy; turbidness; foulness caused by mud, dirt, or sediment.
- n. Obscurity or confusion, as in treatment of a subject; intellectual dullness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality or condition of being muddy: turbidness; foulness caused by mud, dirt, or sediment: as, the muddiness of a stream.
- n. Obscurity; want of perspicuity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mental state characterized by a lack of clear and orderly thought and behavior
- n. the wetness of ground that is covered or soaked with water
- n. the quality of being cloudy
A: That muddiness is part of the article he’s writing — nobody had any idea what these things were.
The girls also believe that most people will fall somewhere along a sliding scale of "muddiness" and "towniness" and devised a tongue-in-cheek Muddy Quiz to enable visitors to calculate their so-called Muddy-Townie Ratio.
I gave my "test song" a try on Will's iPod Mini and the result was the same exact "muddiness" as he described it.
In fact, there seems to be something amiss with the EQ, as volumes and relative volumes seem to change from track to track, and there is an overall (but only slight) "muddiness" to the recording.
How do you deal with pond problems such as muddiness or excessive plant growth?
Each note is distinct and there is not the 'muddiness' of inadvertentkly blended tones and notes created by structural design imperfections found in many other mid-priced OMs.
Poor writing and acting were all-but expected, but the lack of more than one decent action scene (itself reminiscent of Spy Kids 3D and/or the versus-mode on Mario Kart) and any real visual wonder (most of the film feels shot in a fog, with ugly grey muddiness prevailing), the film negates its own reason for existence.
This muddiness heightens the concerns of industry critics, who have urged stricter safety rules after reactors at Japan's Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant nearly melted down due to a magnitude-9.0 earthquake and tsunami on March 11.
Perhaps his main fault as a novelist, however, has been a certain muddiness in the narration.
I suspect those books had editorial participation because they are not burdened by the muddiness and wandering I see in her later works.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.