from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or quality of being specious.
- n. pl. Specious actions, promises, ideologies, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being specious; speciousness.
- n. That which is specious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being specious or beautiful; a beautiful show or spectacle; something delightful to the eye.
- n. The state of being specious or plausible; a specious show; a specious person or thing.
Originated 1426–75 from Middle English speciosity (attractive), from Latin speciōsitās (beauty), from speciēs (appearance), + English -ity (noun-forming suffix). (Wiktionary)