from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act or process of obfuscating, or obscuring the perception of something; the concept of concealing the meaning of a communication by making it more confusing and harder to interpret.
- n. Confusion, bewilderment, or a baffled state resulting from something obfuscated, or made more opaque and muddled with the intent to obscure information.
- n. A single instance of intentionally obscuring the meaning of something to make it more difficult to grasp.
- n. The option to alter computer code, preserving its behavior but concealing its structure and intent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of darkening or bewildering; the state of being darkened.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of obfuscating or obscuring; also, that which obscures; obscurity; confusion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the activity of obscuring people's understanding, leaving them baffled or bewildered
- n. confusion resulting from failure to understand
- n. darkening or obscuring the sight of something
The only way to deal with bluster and obfuscation is to keep hammering at the facts and spelling out their implications.
Except for a very few reasonably tangible questions, most offered by Democratic Senators, this hearing has been an exercise in obfuscation and outright racist demogogary.
Hitler pics on Obama and the true Hitlers of the Homeland, Liebenstrom, livingroom scam to sway the masses in obfuscation/deceptions.
Such multiyear obfuscation is egregious even by Wall Street standards.
Authenticity over sham and obfuscation is a winner!
Obtuse, obfuscation is manipulative and misleading! art in kingwood
More obfuscation from the guy who is an expert at misinformation!
I was trying to do a piece on the artist/writer/arch-prankster Stewart Home and the issue of identity and got lost in obfuscation, trying to work out what is real from what is not, what is playful fibs, and what is truth.
Double points for the use of the word obfuscation!
David, I find it ironic that you use the word obfuscation or a vairant 4 times.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.