American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To make so confused or opaque as to be difficult to perceive or understand: "A great effort was made . . . to obscure or obfuscate the truth” ( Robert Conquest).
- v. To render indistinct or dim; darken: The fog obfuscated the shore.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- v. To make dark; overshadow
- v. To deliberately make more confusing in order to conceal the truth.
- v. computing To alter code while preserving its behavior but conceal its structure and intent.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. obsolete Obfuscated; darkened; obscured.
- v. To darken; to obscure; to becloud.
- v. To confuse; to bewilder; to make unclear.
- v. make obscure or unclear
- From the participle stem of (late) Latin obfuscare, from ob- + fuscare ("darken"). (Wiktionary)
- Latin obfuscāre, obfuscāt-, to darken : ob-, over; see ob- + fuscāre, to darken (from fuscus, dark). (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“However, let's distract and obfuscate from the glaring flaws of the current administration and revel in the hate for an administration that is no longer in office.”
“And the prize for the most uses of the word obfuscate or derivatives thereof goes to…”
“You STILL haven’t stepped up and argued the points, why you obfuscate is beyond me.”
“When it came to discussing facts, she seemed to obfuscate the issue (Sarah, if you're reading this, don't be embarrassed to look up "obfuscate").”
“I've just highlighted this post on Twitter and in my resource about How to write an Artist's Statement with the suggestion that it's absolutely essential reading anytime an artist feels tempted to "obfuscate"!”
“Also, good use of the word obfuscate … and the Marxist stuff … but I know what obfuscate means … and I don’t know anything about Marx himay”
“If you want it can also "obfuscate" the variables which saves bandwith and as side effect make them harder to reuse (not something you'd want as open source developer).”
“Your email address will be hidden, but it is still recommended that you "obfuscate" your email address, or simply leave a homepage URL.”
“So, if indeed we are called to participate, to care for and protect water and climate and all living things as God's will, why then do we obfuscate and deny the research and science affirming positions quoted here?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘obfuscate’.
Music brings silence's to raging thoughts and temperament , calm, as it is our object of definite purpose.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Collected from reading
Words only (I left out the expressions) from Geza Kerenyi's EN-HU interpreters' dictionary. Most of them pose some difficulty when interpreted between HU and EN in either or both directions.
These come from gamma meditation ,I think.
every major discipline has uniquely developed esoteric nomenclature to facilitate interdisciplinary dissemination
The discovering of neuro and phago-cyte nano-engineered biology...
List of most of the words I've learned
Looking for tweets for obfuscate.