from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To aim (a blow or projectile, for example) badly.
- transitive v. To give wrong instructions or directions to.
- transitive v. To put a wrong address on (a piece of mail).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To direct something wrongly
- v. To put the incorrect address on a mail item
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To give a wrong direction to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To direct wrongly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. put a wrong address on
- v. lead someone in the wrong direction or give someone wrong directions
- v. corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality
Sorry, no etymologies found.