from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To interpret inaccurately.
- transitive v. To explain inaccurately.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make an incorrect interpretation; to misunderstand.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To interpret erroneously; to understand or to explain in a wrong sense.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To interpret erroneously; do the work of interpreter incorrectly or falsely; understand or explain in a wrong sense.
- Synonyms See translate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. interpret in the wrong way
- v. interpret falsely
- v. interpret wrongly
From mis- + interpret. (Wiktionary)