from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To apprehend incorrectly; misunderstand.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To interpret incorrectly; to misunderstand.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To take in a wrong sense; to misunderstand.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To apprehend incorrectly or wrongly; misunderstand; take in a wrong sense.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. interpret in the wrong way
From mis- + apprehend. (Wiktionary)