from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To mistake the meaning of; misinterpret.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To interpret erroneously, to understand incorrectly; to misunderstand.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To construe wrongly; to interpret erroneously.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To construe or interpret erroneously; take in a wrong sense; misjudge; misunderstand.
- Synonyms See construe and translate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. interpret in the wrong way
mis- + construe (Wiktionary)