from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- interj. Used to express pleasure, satisfaction, surprise, or great joy.
- intransitive v. To exclaim in pleasure, satisfaction, surprise, or great joy: Everyone oohed and aahed as the gifts were unwrapped.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- interj. An expression of surprise.
- interj. An expression of awe.
- interj. The sound made to imitate a ghost.
- interj. Used sometimes because of affection
- v. To go ooh
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. express admiration and pleasure by uttering `ooh' or `aah'
Sorry, no etymologies found.