from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- interj. Used to express pleasure, satisfaction, surprise, or great joy.
- intransitive v. To exclaim in pleasure, satisfaction, surprise, or great joy: Everyone oohed and aahed as the gifts were unwrapped.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- interj. An expression of surprise.
- interj. An expression of awe.
- interj. The sound made to imitate a ghost.
- interj. Used sometimes because of affection
- v. To go ooh
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. express admiration and pleasure by uttering `ooh' or `aah'
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Cuz I can seez u from MY windoez…u seez me? see whut I gotz for u? ooh yeah, behbeh…now lemme see dem herblz…..ooh, YEAHHH!
Eccentricly Dull said ... ooh, is it a new one that parralel parks itself?
Find out where in Chicago to get all-American eats, see the most "ooh" - and "aah" - inspiring fireworks and what high-profile festivals are right in our backyard.
I saw one family gathered at a distance, "ooh" - ing and "aah" - ing, so
Chicago to get all-American eats, see the most "ooh" - and "aah" - inspiring fireworks and what
Someone who was born in – ooh, let’s pluck a date from the air, shall we?
Oh sure dude, you are so edgy, mixing teens and trannies in photographs and then going to the faculty colloquium, ooh, that is some scary stuff, bro.
When you were part of the team that was working on some of those lines, did you know, "Ich bin ein Berliner," did you know, ooh, that is the line?
O'BRIEN: What kind of legal weight does that carry as opposed to, again, I mean there seems to be some -- a bulk of evidence of ooh, that is just creepy and weird and, in some cases, dishonest and just odd.
ooh, that is annoying, when one can't even dash out of the bathroom naked in her own home, so sad. i do it all the time when i've forgotten things on, like the oven...