from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To emit the deep, bellowing sound made by a cow; low.
- n. The lowing of a cow or a similar sound.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The characteristic sound made by a cow or bull.
- n. A foolish woman.
- v. Of a cow or bull, to make its characteristic lowing sound.
- interj. The characteristic sound made by a cow or bull.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. See Mo.
- intransitive v. To make the noise of a cow; to low; -- a child's word.
- n. The lowing of a cow.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To utter the characteristic cry of a cow; low.
- To make a noise like lowing.
- n. The low of a cow; the act of lowing.
- An obsolete form of mo.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make a low noise, characteristic of bovines
- n. the sound made by a cow or bull
Imitative.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)