Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cabbage.
- n. In dressmaking, a small, close rosette of any suitable material: so called from the crumpling of its loops of ribbon or lace, which resemble the crinkled leaves of a cabbage.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A cabbage.
- n. A kind of light pastry, usually in the form of small round cake, and with a filling, as of jelly or cream.
- n. A bunch, knot, or rosette of ribbon or other material, used as an ornament in women's dress.
- n. any of various types of cabbage
- n. puff filled with cream or custard
- n. the imperial dynasty of China from 1122 to 221 BC; notable for the rise of Confucianism and Taoism
“I have a friend who always says to me,,,,Au revoir mon petite chou, which is rather funny as I’m quite fat.”
“I would have left "le chou en question" somewhere along a Sicilian or an Italian field and it would have carried on with its rotting process without upsetting anyone.”
“And your mom would like to keep the cabbage ..." he explained, referring to the 7-day-old chou (one of the many garden gifts from our landlord, and while it was easy to know how to prepare the eggplants — as for that smelly chou ... what to do, what to do?).”
“Or perhaps badly translated mandarin? chou ni ma di bei hui dan!”
“So, there you are, "chouette" is not a little cabbage, therefore, it's not a diminutive of the word "chou".”
“A while back, Carla Bruni made headlines by calling her husband, President Sarkozy, my cabbage, mon chou.”
“In Yang Li-chou's beautiful documentary, Beyond The Arctic, the three men who represented Taiwan as the Team Gamania Foundation in the 2008 Polar Challenge are:”
“And your mom would like to keep the cabbage..." he explained, referring to the 7-day-old chou one of the many garden gifts from our landlord, and while it was easy to know how to prepare the eggplants—as for that smelly chou... what to do, what to do?”
“To sit on the fence – ménager la chèvre et le chou”
“Others claim chow-chow comes from the French chou, or cauliflower, which is often a primary ingredient.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘chou’.
Words that change meaning when capitalized
Without the accents, etc.
Looking for tweets for chou.