from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To do more or better than in performance or action. See Synonyms at excel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To excel; go beyond in performance; surpass.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To go beyond in performance; to excel; to surpass.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To excel; surpass; perform beyond.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. get the better of
- v. be or do something to a greater degree
out- + do (Wiktionary)