from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To surpass (another, especially an opponent) in leadership.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To outdo or surpass (someone) in military skill or leadership.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To exceed in generalship; to gain advantage over by superior military skill or executive ability; to outmaneuver.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To exceed in generalship; gain advantage over by superior military skill.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. surpass in generalship
From out- + general. (Wiktionary)