American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. See Table at currency.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A modern silver coin of Rumania, the unit of the monetary system, equivalent to the French franc, or about 19 United States cents.
- n. The unit of currency of Romania, equal to one hundred bani.
- n. The unit of currency of Moldova, equal to one hundred bani.
- n. the basic unit of money in Moldova
- n. the basic unit of money in Romania
- Romanian, from Latin leō, lion (from the image of a lion on a coin used in the late Ottoman Empire); see lion. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Then I made another, for a lady's tea, and added rosewater and orange flower water in leu of the vanilla and it too, was absolutely divine!”
“On site physical punishment in leu of arrest is not an option in this country.”
“A weakening leu translates into more pressure on inflation, already running at 8.6% in Romania.”
“Since our favorite FOX shows are off tonight in leu of the MLB Playoffs [damn you baseball!!!], this TV Addict thought he’d help fans get their BONES fix by posting our recent interview with actor Eric Millegan.”
“The government announced a massive privatization program and introduced a new national currency called the leuthe same name as the Romanian currency.”
“The story in Romania is broadly similar, though it did receive a boost from the depreciation of the leu.”
“When we proffered Moldavan leu, they said that they didn't accept it.”
“The one speculative operation most people engage in involves buying dollars and euros as hedges against the anemic local tender, the Moldovan leu.”
“By contrast, the Romanian leu has gained 1% against the dollar and Kazakhstan's tenge is little changed this month.”
“The court didn't immediately publish its reasons for the ruling, which briefly sent the Romanian leu sharply lower against the euro.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘leu’.
A list of 3-letter words which cannot be formed by adding a letter to a 2-letter word (see Ken Clark's word lists found at http://www.seattlescrab...
This started out as a Scrabble list, so I'm personally limiting myself to listing words which are acceptable in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary, but go ahead and list whatever you can find...
Monetary units and other words that mean money. Other financial words are allowed too, as long as they're principally about money. Get it, principally? I kill me.
Looking for tweets for leu.