from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Being unpaid when due: an overdue bill.
- adj. Coming or arriving after the scheduled or expected time: an overdue train.
- adj. Expected or required but not yet having come about.
- adj. Being something that should have occurred earlier. See Synonyms at tardy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Late; especially, past a deadline or too late to fulfill a need.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Due and more than due; delayed beyond the proper time of arrival, payment, return, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Delayed or with-held beyond the usual or assigned time: as, an overdue ship.
- Unpaid at the time assigned or agreed on: as, an overdue bill.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. past due; not paid at the scheduled time
Sorry, no etymologies found.