Did you possibly mean goo?
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An exclamation variously used to express excitement, delight, contempt, etc., according to the mode of utterance.
- n. An obsolete form of how.
- A dialectal form of he, A and B.
- interj. obsolete hurrah; an exclamation of triumphant joy
- interj. Geordie Used to grab the attention of others.
- pro. she
- adv. Northumbrian, Geordie how
GNU Webster's 1913
- interj. obsolete See ho.
- interj. Hurrah! -- an exclamation of triumphant joy.
- From Middle English howe, hu "how" from Old English hū "how". More at how. (Wiktionary)
“I seldom opened my door in a winter evening without hearing; _Hoo hoo hoo, hoorer hoo_, sounded sonorously, and the first three syllables accented somewhat like _how der do_; or sometimes _hoo hoo_ only.”
“Before he alights he makes the tour of the whole place deliberately, and when he comes before the corn, he salutes it thrice with the words, _hoo, hoo, hoo_, lengthened and pronounced respectfully.”
“Eha" describes the call as a ghostly hoot -- a _hoo hoo hoo_, far-reaching, but coming from nowhere in particular.”
“Ai haz a fren but nawt a cheezpeep hoo is Irish. lolwannabee, gladz u lieks da cheezpeeps.”
“Owd Sammy's" amused chuckles, and exclamations of "Eh! hoo's a rare un – that hoo is – fur a wench," at last drew his wife's attention.”
“Wall, hoo may be o 'th' same mate, but hoo is na o 'the same grain, I'll warrant.”
“An hoo is na mich bigger nor six penn'orth o 'copper neyther.”
“Whoo hoo, that is some seriously knee-slapping humour there, Kate -- cutting off a basic food supply to an imprisoned populace.”
“[Lori]: I love the term hoo-ha and use it all the time!”
“Mr Zuma will also recall the hoo-ha during his own struggle to win the presidency, when he would sing his favourite anthem, "Awuleth 'umshini wami" ( "Bring me my machinegun"), with fist-pumping panache.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘hoo’.
A friend of mine is changing her surname to Rae. She has a pleasant but unremarkable first name, and no middle name. So let's give her a memorable middle name. Come on Wordies, I know you can do it.
short, sweet, epic, catchy, sassy, sexy & sizzling.
( personal list, randomness )
Looking for tweets for hoo.