from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The juices that are a by-product of roasting meat
- n. A rich, lightly reduced stock used as a sauce for roasted meats
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Middle English form of juice.
- n. Law; right; particularly, what is declared to be law or right by a judge; matter of rule administered by a magistrate.
- n. Private as distinguished from public or international law.
- n. The law of a particular state as distinguished from the jus gentium, or law of nations.
- n. In common law, the rights of a husband.
From the French jus ("juice"). (Wiktionary)