American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A musical show consisting of skits, songs, and dances, often satirizing current events, trends, and personalities.
- n. A form of theatrical entertainment in which recent events, popular fads, etc., are parodied. Any entertainment featuring skits, dances, and songs.
- n. a variety show with topical sketches and songs and dancing and comedians
- From French revue. (Wiktionary)
- French, from Old French, review; see review. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“A natural comedian from his early days performing in revue sketches at the Edinburgh festival, Grant adopts an ironic tone about his work as well as his personal life.”
“I intentionally used the word revue, as where I come from it is normal to call something that one would read a “revue”.”
“I was putting on end-of-term revue shows which were being "videoed".”
“The second half saw a variety of homemade props come on stage, carefully crafted from cardboard, tin foil and a childhood watching Blue Peter, add in some home-made songs and silly voices and you feel like Pappy's are your mates putting on an end-of-term revue in your living room.”
“The revue is an original production of the Harold Green Jewish Theatre Company and was conceived by director Avery Saltzman and choreographer Tim French, aided and abetted by music director Mark Camilleri.”
“The revue is the greek community's annual variety show, which is a fundraiser for the United Way.”
“Studdard recently took some time to talk about the musical revue, which is about Thomas Wright Waller, better known as Fats Waller.”
“The revue is a project of the Little Theatre's Relay for Life team with all funds going to the American Cancer Society, according to team captain and director-producer Roxie Long of Zoarville.”
“Just as we had most of our routines down pat, a couple of our mostgee-whizsongs showed up some charts; ganged up with others into some kind of revue, I guess — a compilation.”
“Most of our children have dressed up as a presidential candidate (think Dennis Kucinich) at one time or another, and most years, the parade is our collective chance to 'revue' and start over.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘revue’.
Looking for tweets for revue.