American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The 13th letter of the Greek alphabet. See Table at alphabet.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An early Middle English form of now.
- n. The Greek letter v, corresponding to the English n.
- n. Name for the letter of the Greek alphabet Ν and ν.
- n. A measure of constringence in lenses or prisms.
- interj. Jewish An exclamation of surprise, emphasis, doubt, etc.
- adj. new
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The 13th letter of the Greek alphabet (ν).
- n. the 13th letter of the Greek alphabet
- Name for the letter of the Greek alphabet Ν and ν. (Wiktionary)
- Greek nū, of Phoenician origin; see nwn in Semitic roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“If given the chance, she will embarrass this country with her intellectual agoraphobia when it comes to foreign policy; with her deliberate mispronunciation of words like Iran, Iraq, and what she calls nu-cu-lar power.”
“Endemic in nu-labour? on April 28, 2010 at 10: 36 pm Bruce”
“With the arrival of a silk fan on which Snow Flower has composed for Lily a poem of introduction in nu shu, their friendship is sealed and they become "old sames" at the tender age of seven.”
“Although the word nu'ttein may denote a slight wound, its meaning (as denoting a severe wound) is fixed by the weapon employed; and, moreover, John uses it as synonymous with ekkentein, v. 37.”
“They communicate in nu shu, a secret “women’s writing” developed by Chinese women to convey their deepest thoughts and feelings.”
“Hogwash, what taxpayers don’t want is more prisons being run by people who don’t think prisons work. on January 2, 2007 at 3: 38 am | Reply jo public yea the average prison has better rooms than the average student halls of residence, and i doubt prisoners struggle for a GP appointment like the rest of us in nu Labour hell on January 2, 2007 at 7: 54 am | Reply Alien”
“One news portal called nu.nl said it might disappear entirely.”
“U r rite, Elfi, harbls fin jus as iz … so, bagel ofishaly coin nu term then .. herbls.”
“I started receiving queries about shipping books to Nigeria at isbn. nu, which is a book price comparison service, not a bookstore.”
“Ms. CHANG: Its official name is the Taipei First Girls School, but it's known by them as Bay-e-nu, which is sort of just a contraction of that.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘nu’.
There are a few short lists of Yiddish words, but none appropriate to the glory of the language, and none that are open. Thought I'd start one, and would love contributions. I'm tagging as I go, an...
See also The Phonetic alphabet by oroboros.
french words & english ones
des mots franÃ§ais & d'autres anglais
short, sweet, epic, catchy, sassy, sexy & sizzling.
( personal list, randomness )
All playable 2 letter Scrabble words from OSPD4
The letters in the Greek alphabet, with a bit of history on each one.
Looking for tweets for nu.