from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- An island of the central Philippines in the Visayan Islands between Leyte and Negros. Magellan landed on the island in 1521. The city of Cebu has an important harbor on the eastern coast. The city's population is 761,900.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Island in central Philippines.
- proper n. Province in central Philippines.
- proper n. City in the Philippines, the capital of Cebu province.
- n. A bovine animal featured in The Song of the Cebu (incorrectly spelled in song - correct spelling is zebu - Original Species)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. one of the Visayan islands of the central Philippines, important for its fine harbor.
- proper n. an important seaport on the Island of Cebu in the Philippines.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of the Visayan islands of the central Philippines; important for its fine harbor
- n. an important seaport on the island of Cebu in the Philippines
Sorry, no etymologies found.