from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A situation comedy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A situation comedy: an episodic comedy television program with a plot or storyline based around a particular humorous situation.
- n. An episode of such a program.
- Single Income, Two Children, Oppressive or Outrageous Mortgage
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a humorous drama based on situations that might arise in day-to-day life
- n. a humorous television program based on situations that could arise in everyday life
From situation + comedy; situation comedy. (Wiktionary)