from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man who narrates or coordinates a newscast in which several correspondents give reports.
- n. Sports A man who is an anchor in a competition, such as a relay race.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The main host of a television or radio program, particularly one relating to the broadcast of news.
- n. The most reliable runner in a relay team, usually the one that runs last.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a woman television reporter who coordinates a broadcast to which several correspondents contribute. Male correlate of anchorwoman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a television reporter who coordinates a broadcast to which several correspondents contribute
From anchor + man. (Wiktionary)