from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Something that takes place. See Synonyms at occurrence.
- n. An improvised, often spontaneous spectacle or performance, especially one involving audience participation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of happen.
- adj. Busy, lively; vibrant, dynamic; fashionable.
- adj. Trendy, up-to-the-minute.
- n. Something that happens.
- n. A spontaneous or improvised event, especially one that involves audience participation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. something that happens; an occurrence; an event.
- n. An event that is particularly interesting, noteworthy, or important.
- n. An artistic or entertainment event that is unconventional, sometimes discontinuous, designed to evoke strong emotions, and sometimes involving participation by the audience.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An occurrence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an event that happens
Sorry, no etymologies found.