from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Performance of an act: a job not worth the doing.
- n. Activities that go on every day: "A motley crew they are, their doings as dark as they are ludicrous” ( John Simon).
- n. Social events and activities.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A deed or action, especially when somebody is held responsible for it.
- v. Present participle of do.
- interj. The sound made by an elastic object when struck by or striking a hard object.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Anything done; a deed; an action good or bad; hence, in the plural, conduct; behavior. See do.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A thing done; a transaction, feat, or action, good or bad.
- n. plural Course of action; the steps or measures taken in regard to something; proceedings; movements.
See do. (Wiktionary)