from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The way in which a person behaves; deportment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the social non-verbal behaviours (such as body language and facial expressions) that characterise a person
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Management; treatment; conduct.
- n. Behavior; deportment; carriage; bearing; mien.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Conduct; management; treatment.
- n. Behavior; carriage; bearing; deportment: as, decent demeanor; sad demeanor.
- n. Synonyms Conduct, Deportment, etc. (see behavior), manner, mien, bearing, air.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (behavioral attributes) the way a person behaves toward other people
Middle English demenen, demeinen, from Anglo-Norman demener, from Old French demener, from de- + mener ("to conduct, lead") + -or, from Latin mināre and Latin minārī "to threaten" (Wiktionary)