from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. comparative form of keen: more keen
- n. One who keens at a funeral.
- n. Someone who is excessively keen or eager, possibly making others look bad; a brown-noser.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A professional mourner who wails at a funeral.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who keens; especially, a woman who keens or wails as a hired or professional mourner at wakes and funerals. See keen, verb
Sorry, no etymologies found.